Curated By Heart
The Curated by Heart online course explores what you want from your creative wedding business and how to devise stories and styled shoots that resonate with your creative passions. We look at colour, mood boards, and story-telling through a series of insightful and engaging assignments. We then move to look at the practicalities and Kate gives you insights into how to get published in the outlets that will work for you and gain you the clients you want to work with.
This course is for you if you are:
- Struggling to stand out with your styled shoot designs and written narratives
- Want to delve deeper than just aesthetics but don’t know how to start
- Want to get published more on the blogs and in magazines that speak to you
- Want to put more heart and soul in your styled shoot work
- Frustrated with ‘cookie cutter’ shoots that leave you wanting
- Finding it hard to be original
- Overwhelmed by what everyone else is doing
- Stuck in a comparison cycle and struggling to free your own thoughts and ideas and produce the work you really want to do
FREE TASTER CONTENT & STYLED SHOOT CHECKLIST
The free content covers brand identity, facing your fears and how I approach creating styled shoot stories that get seen, get published AND leave me creatively fulfilled.
You’ll also receive a free in depth checklist for planning or taking part in styled shoots.
The course is for anyone who wants to start their own creative wedding business, or needs a little direction to bring their business ideas to life in a coherent and successful way. Previous students have included photographers, planners, stylists and florists.
Course Study Requirements
- Laptop / Computer
- Email Account
- Internet Connection
- Facebook Account
- Pinterest Account
Every student is different, but I suggest that the course will take a minimum of 6 weeks to complete, working on an average of 2 hours a week.
It is an in depth and detailed set of lessons with a high practical element – the majority of the lessons have either an assignment to carry out, or an ‘Accountability Action’ where you present your work to the dedicated student Facebook Group. These actions minimise the likelihood of you not completing the course and are a way of networking with your fellow wedding industry students.
SPRING BUNDLE OFFER
If you book onto the course between now and the end of April you’ll also receive:
- in depth checklist for planning or taking part in styled shoots
- mini workbook, flat lay prompts/ideas and checklist for achieving the perfect flat lays
- pdf of all the tools and techniques I use to run my styling business effectively and with ease
- pdf on ideas and tools for creating passive income for your creative business
Finding your own path
Creating our stories
Designing your styled shoot
Making it work
What Others Have Said
By Katie, Planner at Songbird Weddings
By: Katie Slater
Kate, thank you for sharing with us such a well constructed, well articulated and insightful course. I thought I was the only one left who still loves a physical moodpboard but seeing the important role they play in your process has filled me with joy. You gave so many great tips and suggestions of resources which I was unaware of. A fantastic course, thank you. Katie
Curated by Heart
I am loving this course. It has opened up a whole new world to my way of thinking. I love the fact that the steps are easy once you have really thought about the points that are given to you. I loved the story telling part as it makes you really focus on what you have to use the words that you have come up with on the previous exercise. I can’t wait to do the physical mood board,. I got confused with a lot of the technical wording for IT and am not looking forward to using Pinterest at all. I love creating with my own models etc. However although I have not completed the course I have loved and already learnt a lot from what I have completed. Kate is extremely supportive, how she does everything I don’t know but she helps tremendously. Looking forward to doing the rest of the course knowing there is someone there if I get really stuck. Thanks Kate x