My week on Instagram has been a little mix of looking back over past projects and giving out little glimpses into future ones, whilst appreciating the wonderful clients that I get to work with – be it full wedding styling couples or one-off purchases from my shop. I’ve been truly touched by all the wonderful feedback this week – it really makes a difference to be appreciated for what you do and has spurred me on to create new things.
So here we go, top to bottom, left to right:
1-2. I’ve always loved to draw ever since I was small, and although I’ve been bringing it into my silk prints for a while now this is a new little venture for me.
I’m a complete stationery geek and have wanted to bring paper goods to my shop for sometime now, but could never quite find the right project. But giving myself a morning off paperwork and social media I sat down and created some new drawings which I new instantly would be perfect for the shop and compliment my silk ribbons. These will be coming to my shop soon in the form of gift tags, postcards, gift cards and notebooks (because I can’t resist a notebook!).
3. I love collaborating on styled shoots and this one was no exception (with a decadent black silk table runner and silk ribbons) – I just adore Emma Hunt‘s stunning wedding dresses, and this image by Scott Wood Photography featured on 5 Star weddings blog is one of my favourite’s from the shoot.
3. Every so often you get an email from one of your clients and it just blows you away – I can’t tell you how much this one from one of my wedding styling couples meant to me.
4. It’s no secret that I adore flowers and that they are always central to all my wedding designs, as well as just making me happy at home too. I’m always sad when it comes time to throw them away, so couldn’t resist making it into a pretty goodbye! Thanks to Acacia Floristry for always giving me the best blooms.
5. Another sweet little note from a bride when she ordered her bouquet silk ribbons in my shop this week. These little things mean the world to me.
6. As I said above I adore stationery and this lovely image from Bowtie & Belle of Hip Hip Hoporay‘s new lavender themed wedding stationery is just gorgeous. A little of my silk ribbon in there too! Shop here for stationery silk ribbon.
7. A little blog post all about the amazing Kiki of Chosen Wedding Collective fame’s new book, Creative Foundations. Read more here.
8. A little throw back post to a shoot I styled a couple of years ago – read and see more here in the online Dotty Vintage Wedding Magazine . I still love this one so much!
9. We’re not far off Valentine’s Day and there’s still time to pop over to my Etsy store and buy yourself some beautifully styled, fully customisable themed stock images (photographed by the wonderful The Lemon House Photography) for your Valentine’s product or event.
See you next Friday!